How to Be the Informed Consumer
Educate yourself about basic principles of Pittsburgh tree care.
Check for memberships in the International Society of Arboriculture (ISA), the Tree Care Industry Association (TCIA), or the American Society of Consulting Arborists (ASCA). This will help to ensure your arborists are using the most up to date techniques and possess the most up to date knowledge.
Refer to an ISA ® Certified Arborist in your area for all your Pittsburgh tree care needs.
- Ask if a tree company has Worker’s Compensation Insurance.
- Ask if a tree company has General Liability Insurance.
- Ask for references where work may have been completed before.
- Don’t always accept the lowest bid. Remember you get what you pay for.
- Examine credentials of the people working on your property.
- Be careful of the door to door salesman and the ones offering bargains. Reputable companies do not have time for this type of solicitation.
- Be sure to read and sign a written contract.
Ask questions if you are unsure about something or need clarification.